Friday, March 15, 2013

Good News/Bad News for Small Business Lending in 2013…

The last two years have seen record-shattering levels of government-guaranteed lending, which includes the SBA 504 loan program (aka the SmartChoice® Commercial Loan). In terms of loan volume, 2011 and 2012 were the biggest and second biggest years (respectively) in the history of the SBA. Since the SBA has done the lion’s share of small business lending as our economy struggles to get back on its feet, what can we expect in 2013?

Go here to read my predictions for the rest of this fiscal year, as well as an article I was just quoted in yesterday on BusinessWeek.com called “How Are the SBA’s Loan Programs Doing?”


I hope my bad news doesn’t ruin your weekend — I’ve tried to balance the bad with the good. :) Thanks in advance for reading and sharing!

Dedicated to Your Continued Success,

Chris

------------------------------
Christopher G. Hurn,
CEO & Cofounder
Mercantile Capital Corporation


P.S. Go here to get your copy of my book, The Entrepreneur’s Secret to Creating Wealth, and go here to vote for it in the Small Business Book Awards (voting ends March 26th).

No comments:

Post a Comment